Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

advice on UK Personal Tax

Do we have a choice of which country I pay capital gains tax in? We left the UK in 2003 for the USA and rented out our UK home continuously since then. (We have owned the property since 1987 and it was our main residence). We obtained green cards in the USA in 2006 and have purchased a property there and have no plans to return to the US in the near future. Our tenants have approached us to sell the property to them and we have provisionally agreed but what are the CGT implications? We have an option to re-invest some of the money into another property in the UK ( a retirement flat for our mother or a flat for our son) but what are the implications? UK tax advisor

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above