Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

advice on UK Personal Tax

We have 2 properties, a house and a flat. My wife has a flat in her maiden name which we were unable to sell due to negative equity when we were looking to buy our main home. We have subsequently bought our main home in our joint married name, approx 2 years ago when we were married. I understand that this house will be regarded as our main home for tax/capital gains as we plan to live here for the foreseeable future. Please could you advise how we should position ourselves with the flat for capital gains tax and anything else that would be applicable and what the implications are etc? We hope to sell the flat in the future if the property market recovers. Due to the amount of negative equity – this may take some time! My wife bought the flat in approx 2007 and lived there for 4 years and it has been rented for the last 2 years. We also have a very young daughter – could we transfer the flat to her name at any point should we wish to sell the flat in the future? UK tax advisor

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above