Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

advice on UK Personal Tax

I am a self employed UK-based freelance journalist having trouble with my tax return for the April 2011 to April 2012 tax year. I bought my first car, which was a second hand Fiesta, for £1000 in July 2011 which I crashed and wrote off within a couple of months so had to buy another car within the tax year for £2000 to replace it – this was also second hand. Both cars were essential for my job, but on weekends I used them for a bit of personal use. How much can I safely deduct from my annual earnings for the cost of purchasing the cars? And, I spent £1826 in the tax year on car insurance – can I deduct a proportion of that from my earnings? My annual earnings are £24,000 approx. tax question

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above