Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

advice on UK Personal Tax

Have just sold my house, which I own with my wife: I intend to apply for tax reliefs for capital gains tax when I fill in my tax assessments when they are due. My question is, the solicitor wants to know where the money from the sale of the house should go, i.e. into which account: We do have a joint account, but this is like a high sty. non interest earning account. On the other hand I have an online savings account under my name, where I would obviously prefer to have the money sent, as it earns a reasonable rate of interest. Would the money from the sale of our jointly owned house need to go into our joint account specifically, to imply that the profit is shared? Or would it not really matter if it goes into my savings account, as we both benefit from the money and higher interest in the savings account under my name? tax question

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above