Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

Advice on UK Personal Tax

I have underpaid tax per a p800 from 2008/9 £7k and 2009/10 of £12k – due to being put on the basic rate and kept there for over two years. HMRC have just written to me identifying the error. It seems when I joined my new employer in September 2008 from maternity leave either my p45 did not get to my new employer and for some reason they put me on BR and kept me there (when they clearly knew I was and had been a higher rate tax payer). Whose fault is this? HMRC? My Employer? Can I get either of them to accept responsibility for the underpayment? tax question

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above