Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

Offshore tax advice

I am a British national living in Dubai and I run my own business here in Dubai. There is a possibility I may need to move to the uk in the next four months. I want to know if I can still own a business in Dubai while living in the uk without paying tax and if so what are the things I need to do to avoid paying uk tax.

Comments (1)

  • Avatar



    As discussed the main area of concern is the question of corporate residence of your Dubai entity. The general rules are that a company which is resident in the UK will be taxable in the UK on its worldwide profits, whereas a non-UK resident company will only be taxable in relation to its activities in the UK. A resident company is one which is incorporated in the UK OR a company incorporated outside the UK but with the company’s central management and control located in the UK. The central management and control test therefore needs to be considered for your Dubai company and the idea being to severe any connection to the UK. There are other matters to concern yourself with including the tax efficient structure for holding your investment in Dubai; how to get cash from Dubai in a tax efficient way – dividends/salary/loan etc; transfer pricing issues if you are planning to set up a UK entity providing services to Dubai; and how to ensure that central management and control is now in UK without losing the control of the company etc. Should you decide to work for the Dubai entity directly there are other tax liabilities that can arise in the UK such as payroll, social security and personal income taxes and the Dubai Company may also have responsibilities? In addition you also need to comply with Anti-tax avoidance regulations which in essence mean that you should have commercial reasons for any structure/investment other than tax avoidance. As said I would recommend to get a write up of 4/5 page of the advice addressing all these issues for you for a small fee. Putting things in writing means you are also covered by my professional indemnity insurance. The fee also covers answers to any tax questions you have on your moving to UK.

    The fee for this service is £150 and the report would be ready in 24-48 hrs. Even if you choose not to take up our professional service advice, it is essential to take professional advice from someone else before making a decision as there are many tax implications to consider.


Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above