Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

Capital Gains on Property, Private Residence Relief, Working outside UK

I have a fairly advanced question on capital gains tax on a home. The home was purchased in the late 1990’s and was my only home for several years. About 7 years ago, I moved abroad for work (USA). During that time away from UK, I rented the property. If I were to sell now, what capital gains tax, private residence relief, letting relief, etc would I be incurred / entitled to? Throughout the entire time, this has been my only home in the UK. Since I have been away for so long, I am not sure if I remain a resident or not. I have been paying UK taxes on the rental income.

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above