Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

Do I need to register for VAT??

I sell via ebay , amazon and websites. I’m totally new to the whole areas of VAT and am currently unregistered. I have just realized that recently my turnover in the last 12 months now exceeds the VAT limit. (sales were about 78000) this was mainly due to selling high priced cameras for the last 4 months which I don’t normally sell. I would much appreciate an UK tax advice regarding the following: 1) 40% of my sales are international (some EU some Non-EU) so do these count towards the turnover that is used to determine whether I have hit the threshold? If not I may still be under the limit 2) If I have to pay VAT do I need to pay it on my international sales 3) if I have to pay VAT then I have no idea where to start; Can I back date claims for VAT on business purchases and from what date? What do I do about the VAT that I should have charged customers. Can I just start from now?? 4) I am now intending to stop selling the cameras in which case can I deregister (or avoid registration all together) 5) I also run a musical instrument teaching business – does that mean I now have to charge VAT on that or is that a separate business.

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above