Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

How do I file a UK Self Assessment Tax return Online

If you’re sending HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) a Self Assessment tax return, you can do it online using the secure service HMRC provides.


If you’re newly self-employed, HMRC will set up your Self Assessment Online account automatically when you register for business taxes.


If you’re setting up a partnership, a Self Assessment Online account will automatically be set up for the Partnership.


In all other cases, you’ll need to sign up to use HMRC Online Services yourself.

Information you need before you start


You’ll need the following information:


    your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) number

    either your postcode or National Insurance number (unless you live abroad)


You’ll find your UTR on correspondence from HMRC. If you can’t find it, you can contact the Self Assessment Helpline and ask for it to be sent to your home address. HMRC can’t tell you your UTR over the phone.


If you haven’t completed a tax return before (or it’s been a while since you did), you may not have a UTR. You’ll need to tell HMRC why you need a tax return, by registering for Self Assessment, so you can get a UTR


If you’ve already registered for HMRC Online Services and activated your Self Assessment Online account, use the link below to log in and use Self Assessment Online link on HMRC website and its easy to follow step by step process.

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above