Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

How do I reclaim tax overpayments

 You might  have overpaid tax if:

         Your job circumstances changed during the period covered and these can include:

         Had a new job;

         Used an emergency tax code for a while;

         Worked for part of the year;

         Worked more than one job at the same time;

         Changed benefits

         Made redundant

         Become self employed

         Took a job break

         HMRC made a mistake with your tax;

         Your employer used the wrong tax code;

         Other income like investments or rental income reduced but you didn’t tell HMRC

You can telephone or write to tell HMRC why you think you’ve paid too much tax. They may already have everything they need to check your claim. If not, they’ll tell you what information they need. Any refund due for this year may be included with your wages in you are an employee. If you’ve paid too much tax for a previous tax year, HMRC will send you a P800 Tax Calculation and any refund you may be due for the tax years starting on or after 6 April 2008.

If most cases you’ll get back the tax you’ve overpaid as long as you claim on time.

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above