Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

How do I register for PAYE as an employer/contractor?

If you employ someone – even if it’s only yourself, as a director – you’ll usually need to register as an employer with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). Most new employers can register online, but a small number will need to register by email, by telephone, or with an HMRC office.

 As soon as you first employ someone, you will need to register as an employer with HMRC if one or more of the following is true:

  • you’re paying them at or above the PAYE threshold
  • the employee already has another job
  • they are receiving a state, company or private pension
  • you’re paying them at or above the National Insurance Lower Earnings Limit
  • you’re providing them with employee benefits

If you need to register you can do so up to four weeks in advance of the first pay day.

Bear in mind that you might need to register as an employer even if you’re the only person working in your business. If you run a one-person limited company, you’ll be both an employer and an employee. So if any of the conditions above apply to you as an employee you’ll need to register.

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above