Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

Moving to Qatar with properties in UK, tax advice

I am moving to Qatar on 3rd September. I have 2 properties in the UK, one my current residence, and an apartment that I have been renting for the last 3 years. I am not sure what forms I have to fill out with HMRC before I move to Qatar. I have been reading about the new RST, and I am not sure what I have to do with my current properties in the UK, in order to not pay any UK income tax on my earnings in Qatar.

Comments (1)

  • Avatar



    Thanks for the question.

    The full report on the tax implications on your case has been emailed to you. To sum up you need to fill in Form “ P85 – Leaving the UK” to claim tax relief or any tax refund you’re owed and to inform HMRC that you are now leaving the country to work abroad –so that they don’t expect any more employment income tax from you and then you wont be taxed on your Qatar income.

    Your rental income will always be taxed in UK and all you need to do is to ensure you are being correctly taxed as you are taxed on the net rental income after expenses like mortgage interest, accountancy fees etcs.

    You need to make sure you are indeed working work full-time abroad (usually 35 hours a week), be in the UK for less than 91 days, of which you spend less than 31 days working in the UK – for you to be considered “tax non-resident”.

    You will need to apply to HMRC to get your rent received in gross and file a tax return end of the year and pay tax at that time instead. Should you require our help in this area, we would send you Form 64-8 – “Authorising your agent” to be completed by you to authorise us to act as tax agents Our services would basically to apply for your rent to be received gross with no tax deducted, prepare accounts for you and advice on you getting maximum deductions and file annual tax returns and accounts for you for a reasonable annual fee of £350.

    Hope this helps.



Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above