Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!


Hello I work for a company based in Dubai, I work 28 days on / off for an off shore drilling company. My company pays the local UAE tax, what are my tax implications in the UK ?? I will be living in UK on my time off.

Comments (1)

  • Avatar



    Unfortunately if you are living in UK for more than 90 days even if you have a full time job overseas, you are likely to remain UK tax resident. Even with the new statutory residence test, you are considered a UK tax resident.

    Being a UK tax resident means you still liable for UK tax on your worldwide income and gains. However tax paid in UEA is allowed as a credit to avoid double tax on the same income.Other factors taken into account is whether you have any ties in UK – home, family etc. Furthermore factors such as whether you were a UK tax resident in the past 2-3 years also contribute towards the final decision.

    However should you have more information about the other factors i listed above, we can assist you further.


Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above