Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

Overseas property income tax

Since 2002 to 2009 I lived in the UK and worked as a self employed ( I am still registered as a resident of the UK but unregistered as a tax payer).In 2007, with the loan of Lithuanian bank I bought 2 small housese in the USA, which were rented at that time, and I was receiving few thousand dollars a year from rentals, but money stayed in my US bank account. I have US Individual Taxpayer Identification Number but as I was informed, I did not need to fill US tax returns..Because I was not receiving rental payments in the UK I did not show rental income in my UK tax returns (I think I did a mistake here).Now I have to sell those houses and I was asked by US attorney to send him my UK Tax returns showing how much income I had from renting the houses. Can you please let me know if anything can be done about it now? Thank you .

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above