Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

Please let me know your thought as UK Tax Advisor on the issue

My husband and I purchased our home 4/5/2000 for 93000. We spent £50,000 on a loft conversion and new kitchen and bathrooms and terracing to the garden. We moved out on 4/5/2007 as I was offered a job in Scotland and we moved to rented accommodation where we have been since. We put our house on the market and it has taken till now to find a buyer for £200,000. In the time we have lived in Scotland we have returned to spend all our holidays and a lot of weekends in our home as our daughter remained living there rent free (she was 19 at that time) We have only just found out that we could have nominated it as our main home providing we did that within two years, we did not know we could do this, but in any case we had intended it to be sold soon after we left it. What is our capital gains bill likely to be? My Husband also only works part time and earns less than 6000 a year. personal tax

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above