Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

Please let me know your thought as UK Tax Advisor on the issue

Hi there, my wife and I own to Buy-To-Let properties, both of which are mortgaged on an interest-only basis. Unfortunately, the Rental income, not-to-mention the ground rent, insurance and maintenance fees payable, is substantially less than the mortgage costs. tax question I understand that this results in a business loss and, as such, no tax is payable. However, my wife is employed and pays tax via PAYE. I am self-employed and, as a result of poor current business conditions, have made a loss for the last 2 years, and expect this to be the case this year, too. My question is this: is it possible to offset the loss on the Buy-To-Let properties against the tax that my wife pays via PAYE? (I would add that both properties are mortgaged jointly, in both of our respective names.) Any advice you can give would be much appreciated. Many thanks for your time.

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above