Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

Reducing tax from overseas work.

Hello. I’m presently working in the oil and gas industry offshore Angola. I work a 28 day rotation and spend my days off back in the UK so I dont have xpat status. I’m paid a day-rate for the days worked and this is paid through the recruitment company that’s UK based. The company that I work through in Angola pay 17% tax on our day-rate to the Angolan authorities and they issue an letter every year stating the money earned and the tax paid. I know that this can be put against tax due to the hmrc. Is there any way of further reducing my tax liabilities in the UK that is compliant as in starting a ltd company/sole trader or an offshore account..?? Any help would be appreciated. Regards. Donald Mackenzie

Comments (1)

  • Avatar



    Thanks for the patience Donald. We have had a number of questions of late on the website.

    Please clarify the following and reply to us using the email address info@uktaxadvisors.com:
    1. Number of days you spend in UK in a tax year?
    2. Do you have a home in UK – a house/somewhere you live other than temporary accomodation like hotels etc
    3. Do you have a family in UK?
    4. Were you tax resident in UK in the past 3 years?
    5. How many days do you spend overseas



Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above