Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

Self Assessment Tax Return

I am a British citizen and I have been working on rotation in Nigeria for the last 10 years. My home is in the Republic of Ireland ( my wife is an Irish national). I was given a NT Tax code by HMRC and have not been required to fill in a tax return until recently. I would like advice on how to fill out the Residence and Remittance form.

Comments (1)

  • Avatar



    Thanks for the question.

    Well the Statutory Residence Test is divided into three categories. Part one is used to determine if you are resident anywhere outside of the UK (Automatic Overseas Test). If this cannot be proved, then part two is used to determine if you are resident in the UK (Automatic UK Test). If neither category proves residency, then individuals are tested in part three, which determines an individual’s residency by connecting factors to the UK.

    I have send you an email asking for further details for me to assist you further.



Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above