Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

tax Advise on UK personal tax

I am resident in the UK but have a house in the Isle of Man which I rent out. I pay tax on the rental income to the Isle of Man government. I have always avoided looking into what I should do wart UK tax, though some quick searches today suggest I should be declaring this income in the UK. All the mortgage payments and rental income stay in the Isle of Man. UK tax adviser I have just realized that with the new child benefit changes coming in I will probably go with filling in self assessment tax returns so I guess I need to address this issue. (I earn 54k hence fall between the 50 and 60k where it is worth me continuing to get child benefit on our 2 children). For the Isle of Man tax return I take off expenses and mortgage interest off the rental income and pay 20% on the profit. Last year mortgage interest was 3k, expenses related to maintenance (3k) and rental income 9.6k. I paid 20% of the profit (3.6k) to the Yom got so ended up paying around £700 in tax. My question is 1) when I declare this income to UK is I correct in saying any tax due to UK will subtract the amount I already pay to Yom got? So if UK want 1.4 k I only £700?

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above