Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

tax Advise on UK personal tax

I am not a UK citizen. I had been working temporarily for a UK company with a work permit. I quit my London job for good in 2008 and left the country. My last exit from United Kingdom was in May 2008 from Heathrow Airport. My work permit has expired on December 2011. Upon returning to my country, I also have changed my address. Apparently HM Revenue Service has kept my old address. Recently my old office has informed me that I have mails accumulating and some of them are from UK. When I picked up the mail. I saw that there were lots of them from HM Revenue and Customs. I have scanned them in the order that they were mailed. The very first one says “Notice of determination of penalty for a late Tax Return for the tax year ended 5 April 2009.” It was mailed on February 16th, 2010. Because I had no idea that these mails were coming in, they just kept sending more mails and they have been charging penalties. I left UK in 2008. But HM Revenue and Customs was not aware of it. It seems that the first mail came for 2009 taxes. I also checked our correspondence during the beginning of 2009. I found that I had received aP85 form HMRS. Now HMRS is asking me more than 1700 pounds in penalties. What should I do? UK tax advisor

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above