Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

Tax Implications of Moving to the UK

I am a danish national moving to the UK to be emplyed by a Thai company. I live in Thailand now. I have a few questions on the best and management of personal assets: 1. Would it make sense to be self employed, sole-trader, employed by UK company or employed by the Thai Company? 2. Besides normal salary I also receive an amount of money each month paid as “salary” from the mother company in Thailand – basically a dividend for being in the family. This amount I would prefer to go to an off shore account, but if I am taxed on this anyway I am not sure that makes sense? 3. Would it make sense to setup a company off shore or in the UK to invoice the dividend (120,000 USD/year). Would the tax be less if having part paidto a consultancy company and part as normal salary in the UK? And is this legal? 4. Would I benefit from setting up a consultancy company in UK giving my services to my current employer overseas. Would there be substantial benefits in terms of car, housing, petrol etc.? Or would it be a hazzle for a minor benefit? 5. If I am employed by the Thai company would this company be able to paid rent, car, petrol etc. for personal and private? How much would I be taxed on this? 6. Can I deduct tax for having a home office if I am only employed, or do I need to be self employed? 7. If employer pays apartment (4000 USD) do I then pay on 4000 USD pr do I pay tax as if I would have paid this myself (hence no idea in doing that)? 8. Do I pay tax on inheritance from my family overseas? 9. Do I pay tax on sales profit on overseas property bought prior to my move? 10. Can my family transfer money to me as much as they want?

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above