Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

Transfer of BTL rental income to spouse

I own several BTL flats purchased when I was single. Now that I am married, I want these to be owned 50:50 by my wife and myself. As I have rather benifical mortgages on these flats, formal transfer of legal title is not an option. However, I can transfer half my beneficial interest to her using Declarations of Trust. My question is the following: Each of us will declare half the rents on our SA returns. Do we each claim for half the mortgage interest and maintenance charges, or do I still have to claim all of that against my half of the rents?

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above