Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

UK expert advice neede – Not Registered For VAT

I have paid some invoices which included VAT relating to materials and labour costs to my builder who is registered with Companies House. Recently I have been informed by the builder that they are not registered for VAT (I assume they do not need to be registered with HM Revenue & Customs if they are not registered for VAT). As I have already made some payments to them which included VAT and there is an outstanding balance payable to them, should I be paying the VAT to the builder / company if they are not VAT registered? Do they have the right to charge / show VAT on their invoices? Due to the circumstances would they be liable to prosecution from HM Revenue & Customs (as they are not collecting the VAT on their behalf) or any other governing bodies for misleading the public. I have already asked the builder why VAT is being charged (awaiting for a response). Do I need to inform HM Revenue & Customs or any other governing bodies of the situation if the mater cannot be resolved?

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above