Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

Uk Tax Advice Online Nottinghamshire

My parents are selling their house, they plan to give £100,000 to my sister as a ‘gift’. The plan was for the funds from the sale of their house to go into their account, then for them to transfer £100,000 to my sisters bank account. Their estate agent seemed to believe that this latter transer would attract a tax charge of 22%. My question: Is there a process they can use to avoid having to pay tax on the transfer between the two accounts?


Comments (1)

  • Avatar



    A gift between individuals of cash does not attract tax charges unless the person making the gift dies within 7 years.


Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above