Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

Uk Tax Advice Online Oadby and Wigston

In October 2012 I moved to the Middle East. Although I kept my house, wife and children in the UK (for schooling reasons), I had a good job abroad with a 3-year contract. My employer gave me use of a house and a local residency permit. I intended to stay for the full 3 years, and so I submitted a P85, an in-year SA form for 2012-13, and declared myself non-resident, which HMRC accepted.

While I was earning money abroad, I used to send money back to the UK regularly, and it was my understanding that as I was non-resident, I did not have to pay any tax on it. Due to an unexpected and sudden legal problem at work, I was forced to return to the UK in December 2013, pending resolution of the legal problem. I am still officially employed in that country, I still have the local residency permit and the keys to my house which still contains my possessions. I am intending to return there once the legal matter is satisfactorily resolved, and my employer has accepted that. My salary was stopped on my departure, so in the meantime I commenced freelance work in the UK on a self-employed basis. In the 2013-2014 tax year I have been in the UK for 135 days, and I have worked here on 53 days. I have untaxed income from the freelance work, and I intend to pay the tax through self-assessment. However, due to circumstances beyond my control, I have not been non-resident for a complete April-to-April tax year. So my query is this… – do I have to pay tax on my foreign income which was earned and remitted between October 2012 – December 2013? |

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above