Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

Uk Tax Advice Online “OVERSEAS & other”

I have let out my home of 16 years for the last 4 years whilst living abroad. Will I pay Capital Gains Tax when selling before 6 April 2015? |

Comments (1)

  • Avatar



    The general rule is that you have to be UK tax resident to pay UK Capital Gains Tax. However residence is an area that has changed a lot since 6 April 2013 with the introduction of the statutory residence test. In addition, HMRC are introducing new legislation in April 2015 which will may result in non residents paying Capital Gains Tax. We have emailed you with more detail and to request further information to advise you properly.


Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above