Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

Uk Tax Advice Online “OVERSEAS & other”

I am a UK citizen but left the UK after college, 20 years ago, and became a US citizen. I have held dual nationality for the past 15 years and always paid tax to the US govt. I never worked in the UK. During the past 20 years I have earned stock options while working in Switzerland, US and Singapore. I am about the relinquish my US passport/citizenship and return to work in the UK. If I exercise my stock options while resident in the UK, will I have to pay tax on them, despite earning them over the past 10 years while living outside the UK? I know I will have to pay the US government an “exit tax” on the options when I give up the citizenship.


Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above