Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

UK tax advice regarding purchase of a building

As my knowledge of VAT on purchasing land and property is very vague, any UK tax expert advice greatly received! Lets says you are buying some land which has already has a building on it (just office purposes, not factory). The invoice received for the purchase includes VAT – can this be claimed back from HMRC? The building is not being demolished completely, but is being stripped back to a shell and then redeveloped to suit the company purposes. Can VAT be claimed on these improvements? I have heard about “option to tax” but I am not sure if this is related to the situation above. I assume that on the eventual sale of the land and building we then charge VAT on the sale?

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above