Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

UK Tax Advice Required

I divorced from my ex-wife in 1995 & in the divorce settlement my ex-wife got 50% of the property as settlement. I tried to give her the whole house to make a clean break completely. The mortgage company would not allow this as she did not earn enough to cover the outstanding mortgage but said if I had a second charge on the property this could be done. I therefore have continued to pay the mortgage on an interest only basis & the property was put in the sole name of my ex-wife. The property has now been sold & I am to get my 50% of the sale price due to the second charge put on the house. Will I have to pay Capital Gains? UK tax advisor

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above