Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

UK Tax Advise Required

I was born in Australia, but lived in UK for 5 years and during this time acquired a property in the UK with my partner. Price acquired was for 350,000 pounds. We lived in this property for 2+ years before we returned to Australia in 2007. It has been rented out the whole time since we left. UK tax adviser Since living in Australia we have bought our own place which we live in here locally. My question though is related to the UK property. Since we have been gone from the UK for 5 years, if we sell the UK property will we still be liable for CGT? We expect the value will be about 700,000 pounds now. We did get a real estate valuation (if I can find it) before we left for 550,000. Anyway if we sell property in the UK and we have lived back home in Australia for more than 5 years will we be liable for any Capital Gains tax in either UK or AUS ?? youtube converter mp3

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above