Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

UK tax information

I have a new client acting as a UK VAT agent who imports/exports fertilizer mainly for non-EU/UK traders. I have read the new HMRC import/export guide but would really appreciate some practical advice re following: – the client has had a few transactions – on behalf of a Swiss company importing goods from Russia, they have paid import duty obtained C79 and claimed input vat. However the goods were shipped to Switzerland – non EU – which I think is a zero rate supply – but the client charged vat , paid it to HMRC and then reclaimed the output vat amount from the Swiss company? I am unsure about the Directors travel expenses incurred in the above transaction – also zero rate? – re the agents vat return – what goes in the boxes? – re agents commission – in the above situation is this all zero rated? and only standard rated if dealing with UK companies? – the client seems to have acted as an undisclosed agent in the above as they are raising an invoice to their principal/customer yet there are no “purchase” invoices – could anyone provide practical examples of how an undisclosed agent should record/issue paperwork Finally how would the VAT treatment differ if they are not an undisclosed agent?

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above