Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

UK tax Personal allowance for Singapore citizens

I am a Singapore Citizen living in Singapore and this is my first time investing in UK property.
Recently, I bought 2 Student Accommodation in UK.  A Letting Agent, specialising in managing student accommodations, has been appointed by the developer to manage the property for me.
This Letting Agent will collect the rental fr the students, attend to repairs and maintenance, pay all bills and expenses, etc etc, and gives me a  return of 10% of my purchase price annually for 5 yrs.  I do not even have to pay this Letting Agent any fees for 5 yrs.
The developer tells me that I can apply to HMRC for NRL schenme to receive rent with no tax deducted.
My questions are:
1) Am I entitled to any allowable deductions or relief or Personal Allowance of GBP 9440 since  I do not pay anything but only collect 10% pa rental?
2) Am I entitled to apply for this scheme?  If so, how?
Looking forward to your reply soon.
Thank you n  best regards,

Comments (1)

  • Avatar



    See detailed email sent to you for the reply. In short the citizens of Singapore and Hondkong are not entitled to Personal allowances (PA). The majoirty of countries are allowed PA however please see the updated list on HMRC tax website: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/rdrmmanual/rdrm10340.htm




Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above