Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

Underpaid Tax

In tax year 2009/2010, my University employer appears to have deducted too little tax as PAYE from my salary. HMRC communicated this to me just 3 months ago and I was previously completely unaware that any such failure had occurred (I was an employee of a University with a substantial wages department which I naturally trusted to deal with such matters). I have read that I may not be liable for this tax underpayment (assuming that HMRC have got it right) but would very much like to know what my options are.

Comments (1)

  • Avatar



    Thanks Tim for posting your question.

    I would need a little more information of why the University didnt deduct enough tax like wrong tax code, or you had other income or error by University not using the HMRC code given to them; and whether you were checking your code during those years, what information you provided HMRC and what dates, how much is the underpayment etc. And then i can provide a detailed analysis of your options.



Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above