Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

Vat on a car from the EU that is now out of the EU

I`m looking at buying a used car, from a non EU country ( Switzerland ) into the UK. The car started its life in Italy in the EU made by Fiat, it was sold in Turin Italy and registered in Turin Italy and given a Italian registration number in 2009 ( I have the name and address of the first keeper in Italy & the dealers name that sold the car ) this gives the invoice date number and all the car info and registration number but not the price. The car was sold on in March 2010 in a private sale to someone in Switzerland and again the car was sold on later in 2011 as a private sale to the present owner in Switzerland , My question is do you think I will have to pay VAT on this car if I bring it into the UK or just duty or both.

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above