Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!


My father applied for a grant from the local council 3 years ago, work was subsequently carried out on the property totaling 28k plus 17.5% VAT, which was paid by the council. My father has since passed away and I have been invoiced for the repayment of the grant. The wording is Repayment of Home repairs assistance grant and it is charged total exclude VAT 33k, Vat 0 (Tax code 9 – Outside scope/non business) gross 33k. This must be wrong in some way as I would assume that the council have already claimed the vat back, but they are now charging me again but not specifying it as vat so HMRC will not receive money back.

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above