Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

VAT on managing a residental property

I have a situation where a VAT registered company, whose principal activity is consultancy services. They have decided to manage a property on behalf of a individual. My questions are: 1. Can they reclaim input VAT on expenses incurred on the management of the property? (residential) 2. If the property was a commercial property would this make a difference? Also if the landlord was a business would this make a difference? 3. Does the property need to opt to tax in order to recover the VAT? 4. Of course, they will charge a service fee +VAT for managing the property. If there was no service fee and the company did it as a means of repaying a debt, i guess this means the supply of service is still between the landlord and tenant.

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above