Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

VAT on Products

I sell goods to individual customers via my website. These could souvenirs(eg mugs, fridge magnets) or even entry tickets to museums in the UK. My main concern is how to account for VAT when a customer outside of the UK/EU buys a product from my website. For example if they bought a mug then I will ship this from the UK to the US. Would this attract UK VAT? But how about if I sell an entry ticket to a UK museum(which is a VATable product) to a customer in the US. The customer will consume the product during their visit to the UK and as such should be accounted for UK VAT while the mug is consumed outside of the UK and as such should be VAT free. Is this correct?

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above