Header Bar
Welcome to UKtaxadvisors.com - We are regulated by The Chartered Institute of Taxation. Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!

VAT on serviced apartments

I am currently converting my hotel into residential serviced apartments by putting kitchenettes in the rooms, the tenants are on assured short hold tenancies and stay from a week up to an indefinite period whereas before as a hotel they were on a guest registration nightly structure. My accountant has advised I still need to pay VAT but I disagree as I am now running a offering residential accommodation all be it for short periods. Does the rent attract VAT? I am aware there is a formula for a hotel guest staying more than 28 days but this does not apply as the customer is a tenant in a residential apartment (not a hotel guest), the only service we provide now is cleaning once a week, there is no restaurant etc

Leave a comment


Contact US

Please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

We are a team of tax advisers and accountants. Our role is to provide well thought through tax consultations and tax advice where applicable to you. We also provide a wide range of accounting and financial advice services.

Simply email us your requirements on info@uktaxadvisors.com or using the contact us page HERE and your request is addressed in a matter of minutes. .

Present your request in your own way– quick & easy. Make a short and clear, yet very informative request and this will be forwarded to the right department. An accountant or financial advisor or tax advisor will contact you to start a discussion to provide you a solution.

If you have any documents for Posting - please send us to our main office:

829 Birmingham New Road

If you have any queries or additional questions / comments please email us on info@uktaxadvisors.com

Contact Us UK Tax Advisors
Get your Accounts and Tax Return completed by qualified accountant from just £120!
Left hand side



Enter the Code above